Social Media Strategist
We employ an evidence-led approach to managing social media accounts as part of our campaigns. That means we're not only interested in smart, well-written, engaging content, but we expect our Social Media Strategists to work closely with our in-house communication science and human behaviour experts to craft social strategies informed by the latest science on how to communicate complex issues and calls to action to strategically relevant stakeholders in digital environments. We would hire a deeply creative social scientists before we'd hire an experienced social media manager with little interest in integrating rigorously science-based comms strategies.
- Develop social media strategies for one or more campaigns across appropriate social media platforms;
- Draft social post copy and source images from approved image banks;
- Manage posting/scheduling, reply to comments/questions, and maintain social handles;
- Implement techniques to grow, monitor, and retain online audiences;
- Work collaboratively with the Project Impact team to monitor success, innovate for continuous improvement, and communicate needed photo/video/infographic social assets;
- Manage cross-promotions and social calendar with production teams, directors, NGOs, brands, and marketing teams
The Fine Print:
- Competitive hourly rate or negotiated flat monthly rate for a candidate coming on across multiple projects;
- Graphic design skills a plus;
- Current opening is for now through June 2022 following a 2 month trial period;
- Fluent English required. Spanish, Portuguese, French and/or Italian a plus;
- Email cover letter, résumé, and any copy writing samples/links to jobs[at]projectimpact[dot]com.